View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 06:59 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Need a good hard-boiled book to warm my cockles during the coming cold months

PLEASE: No paranormal romance or romantic paranormal suggestions. No urban fantasies or robot investigators. No cutesy 'baking investigator' mysteries. PLEASE!

Give me worn gumshoes and a world-weary attitude, and a man (or woman) who constantly needs a shave. I want noir attitude! Pulp novels are OK. First person narratives are, of course, mandatory.

NOTE: I've already read almost all the classics. (Raymond Chandler, John D. MacDonald, Horace McCoy, David Goodis, Frederick Nebel, Gil Brewster, Jonathan Craig, Charles Willeford, Frank Kane, Orrie Hitt, Day Keene, Ross MacDonald, Brett Halliday, Stephen Marlowe, Dashiell Hammett, Otto Penzler collections [Ed.], Cornell Woolrich [William Irish], and et al.)

Your suggestions will be 'investigated' and the winning ebook will be announced right here (along with a mandatory post on cooking, which seems to be the currently preferred method for engaging in OT subjects).

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE: Any noir or 50s pulp paperback or hard-boiled suggestion is 'A-OK', as you can infer from the list above.

Epub or AZW3 is fine.

No PDF - please! (I'm not a masochist.)

Your help is appreciated.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-24-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: 'Bret' to 'Brett'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote