View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Every time either tubemonkey or I post an Amazon Appstore deal, it gets moved to the "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" under "E-Book General".

I would really like if you guys could reconsider this as it doesn't make any sense. Especially since it has nothing to do with "e-books" in "general" so to speak.

The Deals, Freebies, and Resources has this under the title:

Nowhere does it talk about app deals, accessories, etc.

When we post a deal about Kindle Fire accessories, it belongs to the Kindle Fire section because that's the device it's specific to. And obviously, our Appstore is the Amazon one and only that. Yes, any Android device can use it, but the majority stay away from it because of slow updates, no updates, and device instability in some cases and prefer the Play Store.

So I don't think that most even benefit from the deals being posted in that section. However, the ones who do still lurk around the quiet KF area do. And considering that place has been a ghost town for the last six months, these deals are not really doing any harm.

The same thing goes for Apple, Kobo, Nook, Sony, and Android devices.

Basically, if it's NOT e-book related, it shouldn't be in "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" because the forum specifically points out that it's e-book related deals and resources.
If we take this suggestion to its logical conclusion then we would also have to put deals on ebooks in their respective forums. I don't think that is a good idea.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote