View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #57
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I tested all the built-in fonts using the test epub in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=87 and it made no difference difference whether CurrentLocale was set to en_US or en_NZ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I couldn't duplicate ShellShock's results using the Charis SIL font which he mentioned as one of those he had problems with. I tried half a dozen en_ locales, fr_CA, fr_FR, nl_NL and ja_JP. None of those locale changes seemed to have any effect on my font tester file. The version of Charis SIL I'm using displayed bold, italic, bold-italic and emphasized correctly, none of the characters went missing, etc. Avenir, Gill Sans and Kobo Nickel showed bold where italic was specified which is a bug that's been there since Kobo moved away from standard .tff files.

Since he mentioned editing the internal font file names, I suspect that he did not follow the Kobo font file naming convention which would lead to not using the correct font in at least some of his testing.
Aaahhh okay I can relax again now then! Thanks.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote