Thread: DRM confusion
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #111
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPOliver View Post
... So would a choice between multiple e-reader platforms be better than expanding our choices of superior e-readers? ...
I know very little about the software required to manipulate different formats, but I would be surprised if the firmware of some of the existing devices couldn't be changed. So, I don't see why different platforms shouldn't continue to exist in the marketplace, so long as they are capable of handling the predominant format. If superior e-readers were developed, then users could upgrade painlessly later, without losing out.

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-28-2010 at 05:17 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote