View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
I suppose it was only a matter of time before George R. R. Martin popped up.

The Song of Ice and Fire series is very well written, with deep characters and believable motivations... but... I just can't for the life of me get through it all. I own the first 2 books in hard cover and I've attempted to read them twice now. Both times I've made it about half way into the 2nd book before I just can't do it anymore. I definitely enjoyed the first book and the things it hinted at, but that 2nd book just grinds me into apathy about it all. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I just need to push through to get onto the rest of the material except I don't feel I should have to push through anything when reading for pleasure!
You know what kills me? The first chapter of the first book was one of the most (*uggh, I'm stuck trying to find the right word, but suffice to say it was awesome and exciting*), but then it just goes on and on and on. The storyline is incredible, but damn it is just so much.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote