View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #49
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Exactly. Unless you're typing in the URL each time, you're probably using someone's affiliate link. What is the issue with the people here, who are saving us time and effort by posting bargains, making a few cents per book? For a free book, they get 4 percent of nothing. For a $5 book, the commission is a whopping 20 cents. Woo-hoo!
Many used books end up zero (there is a thread on the aff forums; if you can manage sell enough copies of a single $0.01 book, you could actually make a penny off of it ... those of us who have been affiliates for a long time just laugh at those who are upset they don't make a commission on those penny sales, as it's been that way since Amazon let third parties sell at that price), also.

As you say, to make more than pin money at it, you have to (a) work at it quite a bit and (b) post links that people actually want to click on. One reason Arcdata posts a bit more than I do recently, is that I had to stop staying up until 3AM to find the US price changes (those in Europe/Asia/Africa have a great advantage there). No matter, I still maintain the free thread on the Kindle forum (at least for now, though, I think it will start being free books only, there).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote