View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is it about Unbroken that makes you think you might not like it?
First I'll refer you to paola's excellent answer. I'll add that while I have no serious objection to Unbroken as a title for a general interest book club, I don't think it's a good choice for an explicitly literary book club. Admittedly without reading it, it seems to me as if it's feel good pap of the triumph of the human spirit type. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't get the sense that it sufficiently transcends its type in writing style or insight to qualify as literature.

I'm also going to pass. I hate to, since I have great expectations for this club, but my reading time is pretty squeezed at the moment.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote