View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #342
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you have to take the whole application approach into account here.

While yes, other devices might handle shelves / collections faster, with lesser h/w, Kobo have decided to go for possibly a more complex approach with a consistent architecture across all eReader devices.
I think the word possibly may be key

Still I agree that they have a right to do as they think best. And if not always a fun ride, yourself and davidfor have made it an interesting one in that I have learned a lot from both of you and others too of course.

But.. I often wish that Kobo would just concentrate on the areas one at a time and get each one working whether it be reader, desktop app or store. What's up with this multiple shelves thing being around for so long for instance? Can't be rocket science surely or dependent on processor speed?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote