View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #460
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
You're right, it wasn't a commercial copy. Since my ophthalmologist has ruled me legally blind (less than 20/200 in each eye due to macular degeneration), I'm eligible to get audiobooks from the Braille Library, which does its own recordings. They have a vast collection, though their sf selection isn't quite as vast as I'd like. (Witches is their only Schmitz title, for instance.) They've got tons of mysteries and romances. But they do have a lot of stuff that isn't on the market commercially. And it's free for those who qualify, which is a definite plus!
Thanks for the info. I guess if my choice is to be legally blind or stick to reading the ebook version, I'll happily keep reading. I have noticed that audible.com has been adding a lot of older SF books recently, so perhaps they will eventually get to Witches and some of his other works.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote