View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I tried installing pbsdk-linux-1.0.6_amd64.deb on my 64-bit linux system, but all the executables installed into /usr/bin are 32-bit. I don't have 32-bit compatibility libraries installed, so nothing really works. I don't really understand what the point of the pbsdk-linux-1.0.6_amd64.deb package is. Is the "amd64" part just there in the name to allow it to be installed on a 64-bit debian-based system?
Hi!

I don't receive notifications for this thread through I'm subscribed ....

Actually, all the applications/libraries in this package are 32-bit.

There were 2 reasons why I did 32 and 64 bit packages:

1. alien needs architecture to make rpm. And if it will be only 32 bit package, there are no chances to install it on ubuntu or debian 64 bit;
2. 64-bit ubuntu uses lib32 for 32-bit libs but all the libs are going to "lib" in the 32-bit ubuntu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar
Anyway, I think I'll try building my own 64-bit cross-compiler suite and remove the need for the 32-bit compatibility libraries. The emulation stuff won't work, but that's okay for me
Not a good idea, I think.

1. They implemented a good emulator (uses only gtk+, without libwine!!!);
2. You can easily create the build environment on you 64bit Slackware, using ia32-libs package from ubuntu and making the chroot environment. It was successfully installed on arch linux 64 by ava1ar (from russian forum);
3. Or even - without chroot! Just copy ia32-libs to /usr/lib32 directory; use LD_lIBRARY_PATH and -L/usr/lib32 to run compiler and LD_LIBRARY_PATH - to run "emu" application.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 07-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote