View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
I was very much interested in the onyx but it seems that it will have some hardware or at least software issues at launch so I decided that it would be better with a DX.
Kindle DXG has firmware issues from the very beginning and they will unlikely be fixed by Amazon in the nearest future (actually there was no major firmware upgrade since its release). It costs a lot so you would better check yourself if firmware limitations are significant for you. Limited amount of formats seems to be the least important one (providing that you use only DRM free ebooks): You can use Calibre for conversion. But if you are going to read a lot of PDFs or store thousands of books it does not seem a good choice. I own DXG for almost one year and I spend more time on organizing my books than on reading them. Reading PDFs I cannot follow ToC, indexes, links etc., set custom zoom, change contrast, etc. From this perspective it is just very expensive sheet of electronic paper... :-(
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote