View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #28
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadwick View Post
When I go to my home page of my Kindle (which I do LOVE) I see the title of the book. I can open the book and read it, but the author does not appear as the ones do that I bought from Amazon. Will I have this issue from the other free book places (freedbook.com) and is it the same fix?
There are two MOBI formats, the older one does not include the author as metadata and so this does not appear on the Kindle's home page. The fix is to use mobi2mobi to add an author, see PRC to MOBI.

Most free and multi-format sites use the older MOBI format, but feedbooks uses the new format and so the author should get listed. I think Baen will be (or already is) using the new format for new e-books.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote