View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #47
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Hardly of the same magnitude, are they? 'Can't get book at all' versus maybe checking somewhere else for info. Amazon is full of shills and sockpuppets etc. and political or religious axegrinders anyway, so why would you believe anything you see there at first glance, to start with?
Let's be clear: we can get the book. We just can't get it exactly how we want it.

I like listening to audiobooks. Should I give books one star whenever they aren't released in that format? What if the book isn't released in my language? What if I want the paperback version when only the hardcover is available? One star for every book!

If the intent of this campaign is to hurt the sales of the books, you know perfectly well you are misleading people. It is no justification to say people who just look at the ratings are dumb or lazy and so get what they deserve. I have found Amazon's aggregate ratings to be a useful way of deciding between books and it disturbs me that this sort of angry internet mob behaviour can disrupt a functioning system.

If the book isn't available as an ebook, don't buy it. You have cost the publisher and author one sale. If that is not enough, blog or twitter about your disgust. It is wrong to mislead other readers into not buying books by vandalising Amazon's rating system for selfish ends.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote