View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #335
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, the voices for Edger and the other turtles are spot on. In fact, the only voice so far in any of the books I haven't been happy with is that of Jeeves. He's clearly described as having a "plummy" upper class voice, and really, the only way to play him is as his namesake. I realize none of these readers is Steven Fry, but something a bit closer would be better.

But a delightful series that I am thoroughly enjoying.
I agree with your assessment of the voice of Jeeves - that one cries out for a proper, somber English butler's voice.

I'm currently listening to "Plan B" of the Liaden books (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller). I'm really appreciating how many subplots that book is juggling:

Clutch Turtles & Juntavas
Nova yos' Galan & Angela Lizardi
The Dutiful Passage
The Xtrang on Lytaxin
Nelerik Explorer's story
The Department of the Interior
Miri & Clan Erob
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote