View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #51
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The original Spam wasn't too bad. But my school used to serve a very inferior pink "luncheon meat" which was utterly disgusting: a salty, fatty solidified pink slurry, with a layer of congealed fat rather than meat jelly.

In the 70s you could buy luncheon meat very cheaply in supermarkets; so pensioners, students and other poorer people would make fritters, curries and other dishes, in a desperate attempt to disguise the pink unpleasantness. This is the stuff that was made from reclaimed meat from the less palatable parts of a carcass. With all that salt and saturated fat, and cholesterol it must be dreadfully unhealthy.
Now, I don't mind unhealthy food occasionally, but it has to taste good. Luncheon meat doesn't. So I never touch the stuff.
They used to come fried in batter at school.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote