Thread: Audiobooks?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I just recently got into audiobooks, although I've always like radio dramas and Big Finish audios. I guess audiobooks have more in common with that sort of media than they do books, for me.

Maybe it's about finding the right audio for your tastes?

I bought a BBC dramatization of a Neil Gaiman book I had just finished, then I bought another read by the author, and found I enjoyed it as much as the performance style. Since then I've stuck mostly with genre titles - sci-fi, fantasy and old favorites like the Black Mask anthologies. Almost all of my audios are books I've already read and loved. I don't think nonfiction audiobooks are for me at all, or even general fiction titles.

I don't know if Overdrive Media makes a tablet app or not, but if they do it would cut down immensely on the WMA annoyance factor, I'll bet. I have a Sansa Clip for audios, and it works with Overdrive very nicely.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote