View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
By that standard, there's no such thing as a bug, because every bug is something that the code was programmed to do.

The intent of !important is to be a line in the sand. It indicates that your content could break if the style is overridden by other styles. The CSS spec didn't allow user agent stylesheets to override those for a reason, and folks designing eBook readers should respect that decision. For that reason, I consider it a spec compliance bug when a reader crosses that line.

Either way, the question of whether it is a bug or a feature request is pretty much quibbling over semantics. They all go into the same bug queue, and if the people who get the report decide that a bug should be a feature request or vice-versa, they can change it in less time than it took you to set it in the first place.

Just please don't set it to "Security".
If I programmed iBooks to allow you to set a background color in night mode and it did not work, then that would be a bug.

If I programmed iBooks to override background colors in night mode and that's what is does, then it's not a bug.

So in this case, it's not a bug as it was specifically programmed to override background colors in night mode. It's not semantics. Its not a bug.

You want to put in a feature request.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote