View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Amazon offers 1.7 million eBooks to Prime members for borrowing. About 55,000 eBooks are offered to everyone at zero cost with an invoice generated.

The zero cost ebooks generate an invoice at "purchase" and are made at the Amazon site. The borrowed ebooks are done at the device level.

Plus, all eBooks I've purchased can be LOANED to friends and family for 2 weeks during which time the owner cannot access them. At the end of the 2 week period they are returned to the owner.

If you are into fiction, you will never really have to purchase another ebook if you have the Prime Membership. That is NOT true for non-fiction where my experience has been one must purchase every eBook.

I doubt if any public library on the planet can match the Amazon collection which includes almost every book published everywhere. If its in the Library of Congress no matter when it was published, you can probably get it at Amazon. All of the recent ones must be purchased for a price less than $ 20.00 and most for less that $ 12.00.

ALL books published prior to 1924 are FREE at Amazon.

Public libraries require the return of the book in a period from 2 weeks to one month. Borrowing an eBook at Amazon has no defined return period. One can keep it for months and years if required. However, one can take out only one at a time.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote