View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #14485
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finished Captain Vorpatril's Alliance by Lois McMaster Bujold a few days ago, and enjoyed it much more than Cryoburn, even though it's kind of inconsequential.

After that I got started on Blackout by Connie Willis, the first half of her 2011 Hugo Winner, which I was expecting be a long slow read, but I seem to be getting through it surprisingly quickly, and I'm having to force myself to stop when it gets too late. I've seen criticism of Willis's depiction of wartime Britain (and future Oxford, for that matter), but I don't have any problems with it. It's set in the same world as her two previous Hugo winners, Doomsday Book and To Say Nothing of the Dog, where historians do practical research using time travel, and I'd say Doomsday Book, at least, should be read first.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote