Thread: Smashwords Help
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #37
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
*sigh* Days... weeks?... later and it's still "awaiting review" for an automated error that is NOT an error. (Their system doesn't understand why I might put a "Trigger Warning" spoiler page at the back of the book and yet include it out of sequence.) No response from the Smashwords team. I'm thinking I'm going to have to utterly gut my book just to get it to the Kobo/Sony/Diesel store. This is so frustrating and saddening.
Kobo's soon going to allow direct uploads; Sony has one other feed, but it's a paid publishing service. I haven't looked into Diesel's details to see if there's a workaround from Smashwords.

I understand why Smashwords was set up for Word docs instead of requiring HTML or ePub to start with, but I really wish they'd change that, now that ebook editing programs are widely available.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote