View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #87
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenien View Post
I felt you implied our stances and feelings on the matter should be dictated by the decisions of the world at large.
What I meant to imply was that a consensus must be reached in order to solve the issues involved in defining e-books and deciding on their status as products/properties, and how they should be handled and treated by consumers. I think we at MR are in a good position to understand the issues and come up with a consensus that would work for the rest of the world.

However, as we at MR have repeatedly failed to come up with that consensus... I have to think that if the world at large, meaning governments, industry, public, etc, manage to come up with a workable consensus before we do, and satisfy the need for a definition of e-books as product/property... maybe that's a good thing.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote