View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #81
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I never said fraud wasn't a crime; I merely said it wasn't theft.

Impersonating me to drain my bank account is unlikely. It is more likely that someone would commit forgery by falsifying my signature. This isn't really identity theft, even by your definition.

It is possible that this is stealing, but it does not concern me. It is a matter between the bank and the forger. Since I didn't withdraw this money, I will get my money returned.
First you have to prove you didn't take the money. It is not as easy as you think. My wife had a credit card stolen and it was used to rent a car that was never returned. It took us more than a year of fighting with the car rental company to get it straightened out. Your credit can get frozen and there are lots of impacts beyond, oh its not my problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote