Thread: Classic IP Restriction
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
nicky10013
nicky10013 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
If I understand correctly than you have succeeded at buying the books from B&N and you can download the books from your B&N library to your PC, but using "check for new B&N contect" on the Nook you do not see to books on the Nook.
You only need a VPN like Hotspot Shield or Alwaysvpn to buy books.
There are no IP restrictions on downloading books that have been bought. They can be downloaded anywhere in the world. So something else is wrong.
Please check the following things:
1. Did you register your Nook? You only can sync you B&N library with the Nook when the Nook is registered.
2. Is you Wifi connection working correctly? Can you lookup webpages on the Nook browser?
3. Have you made your credit card the default credit card of your B&N account? The B&N DRM needs a default credit card to encrypt the books and to be able to download them.

You can also use the USB connection to copy the books you downloaded to your PC to the My Documents folder on the Nook That way you can at least start reading the books.
The nook is registered, the wifi is working as I can look at websites and I have a default credit card with a US address.

When I update the BN content on the nook, the book shows up. However, when selecting it, instead of seeing the "read" option on the touch screen, there's a "download" option. Selecting that results in "product not currently available." That's even with adding the book to my BN library with hotspot shield turned on.

I've only tried this with free books, so as far as I know, with paid books it could be different. However, at this point, I don't really want to be purchasing books I can't really read.
nicky10013 is offline   Reply With Quote