View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #46
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejereader View Post
I went to the new Borders Ebook store yesterday and bought a book (cheap) to see if it worked with my Sony 505. I see no substantive difference between what I downloaded (Stephen King's The Colorado Kid) and the others I have purchased from the Sony site. I did this because some (I have not done an exhaustive search by any means) of the Borders books appear to be cheaper (e.g., Lee Child's Enemy 8.99 at Sony, 7.79 at Borders) while others are identical. I routinely get percentage off coupons from Borders through email that always exclude ebooks. I am assuming (hoping) that with the new store I will begin to see percentage off coupons for the Borders ebook site that will make it cheaper to buy there.
I often found ebooks at Sony to be higher but I think that is due to them showing the price with tax where as Borders will add tax at the completion of the sale. I could be wrong on that.

I already heard back that Borders charges the tax during the sale, can anyone confirm that the price show on Sony already includes the tax?

Though, a $1.20 tax on Lee Child's Enemy is a bit steep. I'm guessing the book at Sony is a bit higher before tax compared to Borders.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote