View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #39
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Here is a build to play with, if anyone is interested. Unzip xournal_0.4.2.1_arm.ipk and replace the one in the Programs/_install directory in the original port, copy to your SD card root, and run the installXournal shortcut on the DR. Run the xournal shortcut to start. Have fun

Despite what you may read below, the response and usability is really great, so give it a shot. I'll post the code soon once I address some of these bugs (at least bug #1).

Bugs:

1. Sometimes, the draw buffer overloads and lags behind your writing. Work around: Create a new file, File->New.
2. GTK+ automatically refreshes when the user is still writing, causing Xournal to stop paying attention to pen input (especially for the first stroke when you start Xournal). Possible solution: Do refresh/updates on a separate thread. Still working on it. For now, stop writing when you see the screen flicker for an update, or deal with pen input going blind for a second.
3. I have only tried this ONLY with the black pen/stroke tool, and not the other tools. But if this works right, extending it to the other tools will be easy.
4. You can scribble outside the canvas area (and see the scribbles), although Xournal will not record it. Easily fixable, but I am looking at fixing the response etc. for now. Just remember that scribbling outside the page doesn't count (duh).
5. Random hangs. No idea why, requires reset.

Edit: I also noticed that for some reason I can't scribble on anything other than the first page. Thats a high priority bug for sure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip [Test]xournal_0.4.2.1_arm.ipk.zip (341.6 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by Grimulkan; 05-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote