View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbucket View Post
Do you find that you have to hold the book down to get it to stop curling up?
I probably wouldn't have to hold it, but I get better results if I do.

Quote:
Is that why you say that hardcovers work better.
Mostly because hardcovers are a lot more tolerant to full opening without getting damaged. Paperbacks, I tend to read while opened less than 90 degrees to preserve the spine.

Quote:
How does the Opticbook scanner work with Abbyy Finereader?
I have never tried scanning from inside FineReader (*), but when I scanned in the application provided with the scanner and then imported the images into FineReader, it worked just fine.

*) The scanner and its software were apparently created by someone who thought long and hard about how it would be easiest to scan books, and it shows - it really is very comfortable and easy to do. Most of my scanning is done without looking at the screen, with just occasional glances to make sure everything is still fine.

Quote:
How long would you say it takes to scan say 100 pages or so?
It really depends on the book, but I average 100 pages every 20 minutes (give or take a minute).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote