View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
Actually, the scanning process is a lot less demanding than I originally thought. With Plustek OpticBook 3600, I am doing slightly more than 100 pages every 20 minutes, getting a normal-sized book completely scanned in about an hour.
Professional autofeed scanners (the kind used by document printers like the Xerox DocuTech and similar platforms, found in many on-demand print shops like Kinko's) can scan 100 pages in 2 minutes or less, and with the right OCR software, generate scanned images of those in under 10 minutes. (Not that the Optibook rate is bad, I'm just saying there are faster methods that also work well.)

Usually, the only catch is getting shops that have this equipment to allow you to use it, as they tend to assume your scanning a book to do an OCR is probably illegal...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote