View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
A House Divided by Ben Ames Williams.

I've still not read this book, but it was a favorite of my dad, and all 4 of my mom's brothers read and loved it. I bought a paperback version of it years ago, and at 1,500 pages, it was huge and unwieldy. It came out on Kindle in 2010 or so. (I'm 61, so these men are all gone now and my mom never read it, so there is no one to talk to about it)

https://www.amazon.com/House-Divided...al-text&sr=1-4

It was first published in the late 1940's, and I know from some reviews that it is from a southern perspective and contains words & views not accepted now. I bought it on Kindle, and have been waiting to start reading it. It's length and scope have been too much for me to tackle right now. But I will read it.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 07-21-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote