View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by macthekitten View Post
A friend mailed me some doc files I need to read, and since i don't have word on my mac i thought "hey my reader says it can handle doc files" i tried the drop thing, they don't show up, so i tried to convert in Calibre but that was no bueno
If you check the small font in the "DOC support" text, you'll see that it says "MS Word required". In short, eBook Library software converts doc files to RTF which Reader can handle. Naturally, that works only on Windows.
So you can either ask your friend to send the files in RTF format, or convert them some other way.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote