View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Best Calibre settings for Glo

Ok, so all things being equal next week I shall walk in and buy a Kobo Glo. The frontlight has sold me on a new reader, and as much as I have had complete success with the Kindle, given the reading options of the Glo, and given minimal reported issues of lighting the screen, Kobo is the way.

Anyway in my travels I have read posts about little niggling firmware bugs etc with the formatting of ebooks. So my question, what are the best settings in Calibre when converting an epub to work flawlessly on the Glo?

Such as;
- Does inserting metadata at the start of the ebook give any advantage to the glo? ie from the main screen can I touch and hold and bring up book details like on the android app with Kobo books?
- Settings such as line height/indent/line size? Given the flexibility of setting line spacing etc, does Kobo override these settings? Or by setting any number there have a similar impact to setting page margins ie: nothing changes when changing the settings on the Glo?
- Should I split files on the Glo? IIRC there was some page turn issue on earlier firmwares, and by changing the file split size solved that. Still an issue?
- What are the best settings for exporting the library to the Glo? ie: folders/author sort/series index etc.

Thanks in advance.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote