View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #245
ChriRi
ChriRi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello Everyone.

Thank you very much for this tweak.

I just stumpled about this forum during search of how to organize books in my KT.
After installing the latest version (2012-03-17) it worked.

A little bug (just a bit inconvenient (at now; guess it could get more annoying with further use)):
When i select home->library->shelves and then return to library via Shelfs->Books, the menu-items "Shelves" and "Create Shelves" disappeared. Restarting with Home-Button->Home->Library they're shown again.

More critical is the lack of support of most filetypes.
At the moment I've copied some dozen ebooks to the KT, mostly pdf, but also some rtf and txt. I've tried to add some of every type to shelfs, but only the preinstalled Kobo-Epub (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith) were accepted so the "Ready"-Button was enabled. Additionally I could add the "Welcome to kobo" (kobo epub) and the Kobo Epub Previews which I didn't ask for (so I'd like to add me to the wish of not showing previews in the book-list while adding to shelves).
I'll try to convert some pdfs to epub with calibre (after installing calibre as I didn't use it 'til now) and post my experience.

As it seems a book can only be added to one shelf (here I've to agree to the person who posted about "Tags" instead of shelves to be able to add one book to more tags/categories/whateveryouwantitcall) it would be very useful to show only books not already in shelves for adding (even better would be an option for "all books"/"just books not in shelves").

As an austrian (NOT australian ) I'm not an english native speaker. So I hope I my post is not too hard to understand.
ChriRi is offline   Reply With Quote