View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #243
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliali47 View Post
Yes, that is what I meant. But I don't know how to run a shell script in calibre's epub meta. I tried in the past to edit metadata in calibre so my files are not called things like 'template.p65' but the KT didn't recognise the changes that I thought I had made correctly. I don't want to spend time manually changing file data, even for 50 files that is a lot of time. I saw that the Kindle keyboard version doesn't read metadata, it uses the file names that you have used (that's how my friend's was set up anyway).
Currently, I have one PDF file on my KT. Its metadata shows a description and author. But the version of the PDF in calibre something completely different in the metadata. The calibre metadata matches that on the file on the KT. I remember when adding the PDF to calibre, I edited the metadata to have a sensible title.

What the above means, is that when calibre sends the PDF to the KT, it has modified the metadata in the PDF. i.e. calibre it has written the metadata from its database to the PDF on the KT. As I added this book a while ago, I did experiment with changing the metadata in calibre and resending it to the KT. It worked as I described. I also copied the original version over manually, and it used the rubbish metadata that was in the file.

In your case, if your PDF files have the appropriate names before you add them to calibre, change the import setting in calibre to not read the metadata from the contents of the books. There is also a regular expression for how to interpret the filename to get the correct author and book title. For the books already in calibre, editing the metadata should be enough. But, you will probably need to delete them from the KT and get calibre to send them to the KT again. The KT only reads the metadata the first time it sees the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote