View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Disclaimer:

I am not an Apple's fan. I like Android phones, use Microsoft MS-SQL for living, but hate Windows. Also, if Amazon stops making good readers, I will probably get something different.

Having said that, I started to like Apple products. They just work. iPads are just one of them.

Now, why they have been so successful or continue to be, is really difficult to understand or explain. Their products are not cheap and others have accomplished beautiful and powerful hardware too, but without getting impressive sales numbers.

My humble opinion is that they have developed and promoted (over past 10 years) a strong brand. When a company has a strong brand or reputation, even the most insignificant product will get attention. Example ... Honda with cars, or BMW. It is well known that some of their recent models are not so reliable and actually too expensive to what they deliver.

Apple will have to produce a very crappy product for people to stop buying. Maybe that is already happening with Smartphones. However, his current CEO is not stupid and believe it or not, he is also part of previous iPad success; he was already working with Jobs behind scenes when those were introduced to people 2 years ago.

Last edited by jocampo; 03-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.