View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #814
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I used this switcher only when I start Kindle on KindleOS and to switch between Kindle and DuokanLite. And it works fine without any problem. ^D S to switch to Duokan Lite and ^D X to turning back to the Kindle OS.(^D Z could be used to kill DuokanLite when you are on KindleOS, if you didn't change the stopdk.sh as I suggested.)

It is not a good idea to used it on Duokan since it aims only DuokanLite and Kindle.

Edit: You can use the startdk.sh file in dlite.zip to switch from Kindle and Duokan Lite to Duokan. To do that add this line to the beginning of file:
Code:
killall -cont cvm
change its name as startdk2.sh, place it to DK_System and add this line to launchpad.ini:
Code:
	D F = !source /mnt/us/DK_System/startdk2.sh
and refresh by Shift-Shift-Space

Note that this work correctly if you start Kindle from KindleOS. I didn't test the other ways.

To switch back to Kindle, you can use Alt+Sym>'switch to Kindle' (if it freezes, using ^D X fixes)
I followed the instructions. I start with Kindle OS and ^D S switches to Lite. Then ^D X reports failure to switch back to Kindle.
^D F switches to Duokan.
Once in Duokan, the Launchpad shortcuts simply stop functioning. Previously these used to, erratically all the same!
To get out of it I have to use menu. When I reboot, it reboots directly into Kindle w/o giving me option to choose OS.
From Kindle I use ^D F and I am back in Duokan. Again the LP short cuts are not working anymore so I have to use menu to get out and back into Kindle.
When in Lite, now using menu to Reboot/switch to Kindle also resulted in freeze.. but typing ^D S got me out of it and back into Lite.

Summing up: I can boot into Kindle, switch to Lite (but not back to Kindle) and then to Duokan but then that is it. No more switching... only rebooting thereafter.

Still waiting for a smooth transition/switch between 3 OS....
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote