View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Interesting, if useless discover on Nook Color screen

So, a couple of weeks ago, I got polarized prescription sunglasses. Yesterday, I had a bite to eat at a fast food place that was mostly windows, shortly before sunset. In short, it was fairly bright inside. So I tried reading with the sunglasses on. And discovered that the screen on my 1st edition nook color was polarized also, in a way that is incompatible with the sunglasses. At least, in portrait mode. If I turned it to landscape, it was like I wasn't wearing the sunglasses at all. That, in and of itself, was interesting.

It got more interesting when, afterwards, I stopped by the local B&N across the street. When I walked by the nook display by the door, I discovered that the display model was perfectly visible in any orientation with the sunglasses on. Fascinating. There's been some changes to the LCD screen, apparently (mine was bought when the color was just introduced.)
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote