View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks guys! Of course I feel that my guide is more helpful and simpler. (I'm biased!) But I like seeing the links to the additional guides also. I like finding new ways to handle things, and my process, for example, only handles conversion straight from a DVD, not from an mpeg video file.

The more you work with this sort of thing, the more you'll realize that the various guides generally have different goals and/or different tools, and some are easier to follow than others. But that variety makes it all very interesting, and we are all just building on the great things that people have done who came before us. The developers of all that great software (often freeware) are the heros that allow the rest of us to have some fun!

I would be interested in feedback from people who give this a whirl. Especially to hear what people think about watching video on a PDA, whether it be a smart phone or a lo-res Palm, or a VGA Pocket PC. I personally found the picture quality to be more than adequate for my purposes, to the point that I'm just as happy watching a movie on my PDA with headphones as on my TV. And I only have a 240x320 Pocket PC!