View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #381
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
BTW: There is a school directly in front of my office window. During breaks there are hundreds of students outside the building. I guess about 75 % of them are using an mp3 player or at least have one with them. If we would ask them how many of the songs on their players are legally obtained, what to you think would be the result? I think 10 % for iPod user and 2 % for all other would be a good number. But maybe I'm a little bit too optimistic here.
I think you should do that survey. I suspect you'll find that a lot more people are ripping from CDs that they own than you think. But if it turns out that you are right, I will certainly acknowledge your results.

I will take your word for it that recording on cassette from the radio is legal, given your source. I doubt the law takes the difference between analog and digital recordings into account, however, so capturing a digital recording from an audio stream is probably also legal. I seriously doubt this is where most of the "piracy" is coming from.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote