Thread: EPUB output
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 AM   #302
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The calibre viewer does not support CSS based page breaks. This is not a problem if you generate EPUBs using calibre, since it will automatically split them up on page breaks.
Thanks Kovid, for introducing the level 3 toc option. I had asked you about that a long time ago. Glad it will be realised now.

I do not understand what you mean by the above statement. Calibre viewer does display epub page breaks very nicely (in fact those page breaks are not really page breaks but separate files) Does not every epub viewer handle files that way and what is handled differently in the Calibre viewer?

I think you may be talking about pagebreaks in other formats that are not displayed in Calibre viewer (Mobi page breaks for example) as Calibre viewer has in fact a browser engine heart (Webkit)? Or do I get something wrongly?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote