View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
If keeping thumbnail in the query is not generating too much extra delay it might be better to keep it in, to handle the global.db from settings. Or maybe it is possible to leave thumbnail from the query in filemodel.c:create_query() in case it is not the SETTINGS_VIEW? Although the delay might be caused more by the JOIN in ermetadb_file.c:global_select_common() or the JOIN is removed if the SQL-query is optimised before executing... my database knowledge is not good enough for that.
I don't think it has much sense to keep thumbnail in the query as the benefits will come from not having any cover in global.db

Patch is quite simple now. See attached file.
It works without problems in the emulator.

Next steps:
1. write a tool (in vala) to copy images from db to fs, remove them from db and do a vacuum
2. test in the real DR with lots of books and compare
3. update other programs to copy new icons to fs instead of db
- mdbindex
- cover from uds

Btw, have a nice party tomorrow
I have a cooking day
Attached Files
File Type: gz covers_in_fs.patch.gz (2.9 KB, 424 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-24-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote