View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #187
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
And I would like to add that Amazon's great review "free first chapter" function caused me to buy the first DRM books that I've bought in years. I have bought four already. They are books that I would never have bought but after research about them and reading the first chapter, I was hooked.

I honestly didn't buy the Kindle to read too many "bought" books. Most of my stuff is Baen and PG stuff. But I wanted the option and I like how Amazon posts so much info about the book. The reviews section at a lot of ebook sellers is weak.

Not that I am a slave to reviews, but you know, if you have 125 people saying that the characters are flat and un-interesting, odds are they are right. And the reverse is true as well.

But the free first chapter thing, now that is something that people should have thought of a long time a go. Just having an excerpt isn't enough. A chapter does a pretty good job of giving you a feel of the writer though...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote