View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #55
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's over. The public is clearly willing to pay a comparable (or very slightly less) price for ebooks that they do for print books. Does anybody truly see that changing in the the near future?
Maybe not in the near future, but I'm not sure it's over. To oversimplify, publishers should be pricing both print and ebooks in order to maximize their overall profit. I'm not convinced that most publishers have fully embraced ebooks yet. When and if they do I could see prices change (one way or the other).

That said, I can often buy a physical CD on Amazon for less than I can buy the corresponding MP3s (and the CD purchase often includes the MP3s that I would pay more for on their own), so I'm pretty sure there are aspects of capitalism that I'll never understand.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote