View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post

Quote:
Some of this is subjective, but it still looks to me like they offer a better print searching-and-buying experience than BN.com and a better overall ebook ecosystem than Nook or Kobo. I read on an iPhone and use all the ebook purchasing systems from time to time, but I use Kindle the most because it is the best. I am close to somebody who prefers to buy from BN.com because (she says; I don’t do this research…) they give money to Democrats and Amazon gives money to Republicans, but she still does her searching at Amazon because it works better before she hops over to BN.com to make her purchase.
I had a laugh over this and moved on, but then thought, maybe I can help out.

Tell your friend if she wants to give money to Democrats, then she should go ahead and do it directly. That will help them the most and they might even send her a button or a bumper sticker. (If they don't, she can get a good price on buttons and stickers at Amazon.)

But when it comes to commerce go with what works, not fuzzy feelings. There are too many fuzzy feelings in this world today. That is what is messing us up.

(And by the way, they have stopped production on the GM Volt for a while because the demand isn't there. The sell 60K/year model isn't working out. Fuzzy feelings gone haywire again!)
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote