View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaie View Post
I'm a weird American. I don't use cash at all. All my money is on a debit (not credit) card and I never carry more than $20 in cash and almost never any change. And I spend most of my summers in the Toronto area and what I notice isn't the coins, it's the habit I've picked up myself. Most don't even carry cash, they use a debit card. I've got a credit union as well, and while they don't charge to take coins, they won't take them at the counters. You dump them into a nice little machine that counts it and gives you a slip.

Want to really solve issue of not using paper money, use a debit card. NOT a credit card. Those things are just asking for trouble.
I agree.......I love debit cards. As long as you are meticulous in recording what you use them for each day, you always know where you are.
I know someone who refuses to use their check register. Claims she can always see where she is online........true, except that sometimes she doesn't have internet access, and sometimes, hair salons and restaurants will put a temp higher charge than the actual charge until the debit clears which can be up to 4 business days. When her account is very low, which is often, this can make the difference between a balanced account and overdraft. Then she blames the bank.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote