View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
One thing I really like about the Nook is the way it breaks up words in order to justify the text better. You'll never see a word broken up on the Kobo, and it sometimes makes for text with huge spaces in between words. What I mean is when it looks like this:

Quote:
among them, and I will accompany you to the nearest water-
way
that leads to Helium. Tars Tarkas may be a cruel green
I figured that maybe the dictionary that is pre-installed has the syllables broken up, so the Nook knows where to put the hyphen and move the word into the next line. However, it is breaking up some words that are obviously not in the dictionary. I'm reading the Game of Thrones series right now and it broke "Cersei" up into "Cer-" and "sei." It blows my mind that it figured out exactly where one syllable ends and one begins.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote