View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #14
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you want eBooks to be a success, we encourage you to buy them to send a message to the authors and publishers that this is a good way to publish.
But the problem is that very few places sell eBooks.

If I buy a pBook, I have certain rights: I can re-sell the book, I can give it away to someone else, I can loan it to someone.

If I pay money for an eBook with DRM on it, I have no such rights. Therefore, I did not purchase the eBook - I purchased a license - a very restrictive license, usually. I have, in effect, leased the eBook for a limited period of time to read on a limited number of devices.

If you want eBooks to be a success, I encourage you to not pay money for any eBook that has DRM on it, and send a message to authors and publishers that DRM is a pipe dream and putting out an eBook with DRM on it is a bad business move.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote