View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 AM   #11
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Don't mean to hijack the thread but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You do realize that the menu and the animation being flash makes the website totally unprofessional.
Give me a break! The technology used does not define the usability or professional quality of a website. I would never use Flash for a website and that's what I do for a living. Traditional HTML pages can make far better websites. But as far as Flash goes, this one is pretty innocuous. Things are logically arranged and it's well organized. That's what makes a good website. Go read "Don't Make Me Think!" if you want to learn what makes a good website. The book's over 10 years old and is still considered the definitive text on what makes a good website because it doesn't focus on technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Flash doesn't make a website unprofessional, what makes a flash website unprofessional is when the website is built using only flash.

Their website only uses flash for the top menu and banner.
What you say is true. Flash does not make the website unprofessional but the website is pretty much useless without Flash which I normally block. But the flash is minimal. The only problem I have is that you have to use flash to use the website.

JMHO
Jim
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote