View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #51
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Is there a good amount of gay literature across the various genres? I like a bit of a love interest in my books, so I imagine it would be less fullfilling if the romance were between two women, since I could probably not relate as well.
Most gay fiction these days is written by women. It can work well, but often rings a little false. There's this whole idea of women fulfilling a fantasy and writing "a chick with a dick". In the last gay novel I read, a guy was in a restaurant with his boyfriend and he was jealous because the waitress was coming onto his boyfriend, which, to a gay guy, is laughable. If his boyfriend's gay, why would he care about the waitress? He'd be more likely to feel sorry for the girl, so yeah, things like that are annoying.

But the larger picture of having you imagine reading what it would be like to watch two girls fall in love (or two guys). For a gay guy, that's just about every book and movie we've ever seen - two straight people falling in love.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote