View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penge View Post

Still not happy about the screen's response; seems very slow (all this long press business) compared to my Ipaq touch screen. If I peel up the screen protector at the bottom where the tab is (loose anyway) and touch the screen, it's definitely more responsive but still not as fast as I'd like it to be.
Remember, if it is a screen that is using infrared beams [hey people the Glo is an infrared itsn't it -- I know the new Kindle isn't and they're meant to use the same screen?] then there must be a clear line of sight across the flat screen surface for the beams to clearly reach the detectors on the other sides. If you are pealing up the edge on the bottom of the screen you are interfering with the beam-line going to the top of the screen.

Now, go and take that nasty little piece of clear plastic and burn it so you will no longer be tempted to use it. It doesn't need you and you or your Kobo certainly don't need it.

As to speed my Touch seems to take about 1/2 a second to go to a new page which is much, much slower than my LCD laptop. However, it is perfectly fine for reading and much quicker than turning physical pages.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote