Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #616
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
@geekmaster you couldnt imho be more wrong on your part.

The motivation to "diss" the member who provided such a shallow question had nothing to do with a "passing on" motive. My motives are explained in the prior posts. Noob or not, to ask if there is such an option when looking at the options once would provide the answer is a ballzy move, you have to agree.

Then again I was not "dissing" the user who provided the answer (i did as well if you care to read more closely), also the second posting was adressed to the first user who finally got it the way he wanted - dont look for yourself, dont even try to learn the way a straight forward piece of software (from an ui perspective) works, dont bother asking in depth what you actually mean - just spout out 3-5 words of minimalistic question asking and let the internet do your bidding.

Of course you must protect such behavior. Because we not only nurture our noobs, no - we feel that asking before doing the slightest bit of research (actually research doesnt even fit in this context) is a viable mode of behavior in community forums. Much more viable than a bit of cynicism.

In the question to Kovid case I did search the forum prior to asking, I did search google - to no avail, because I had insufficient clues on how to single out the problem in search. As you can imagine searching for "Cover" in regard to the cover that only shows up in the Kindle Interface upon longpress is entirely futile. I didn't complain when Kovid answered though.

Last edited by notimp; 08-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote