View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting to note though, that your reference clearly uses within context, the word storage, but nowhere does that Spec readout address RAM or how much, or use the world 'memory' associated with it. On the actual box I brought home (Dec 15th/2011) my packaging clearly uses the world memory in associating with the 1GB spec. I wonder if they did in fact upgrade to 1GB memory, and the 2 GB's of storage your spec mentions, is just that, a reference to internal storage space, not RAM. This could be so...and if so...for the price over the holidays... is a nice 'gift' to new Touch purchasers!
Both 'storage' and 'RAM' are memory.
With the Vox, and being able to load lots of different apps, the amount of RAM is actually important. With a single-use eReader, they probably don't consider it worth mentioning.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote